Dirt bike grips are essential for a riders comfort and control whilst riding. Grips can offer variable patterns with benefits for different styles of riding.
The best dirt bike grips are the Renthal G091’s. This is because they come in variable patterns for comfort needs & riding styles, as well as optional color choices.
In this article below is a informal list of the best dirt bike grips. All of these grips are perfect for different reasons such as style type and comfort needs. It’s essential to evaluate areas such as material construction & grip pattern.
Table of Contents
- The Best Dirt Bike Grips
- 1. Renthal G091 Motocross Grips
- 2. KTM Dual Compound Enduro Grips
- 3. Scott Sports Diamond Motorcycle Grips
- 4. Pro Taper Pillow Top MX Grips
- 5. Scott Sports Radial Waffle Dirt Bike Grips
- 6. ODI Rogue Lock-On Dirt Bike Grips
- 7. Progrip Motocross Handlebar Grips
- 8. Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite Dirt Bike Grips
- 9. Risk Racing Fusion 2.0 Dirt Bike Grips
- 10. ODI Half Waffle V2 Lock-On Motocross Grips
Dirt Bike Grips Comparison
|Dirt Bike Grips||Pattern Type||Handlebar Fit (Inches)|
|KTM Dual Compound||Diamond||7/8″|
|Scott Sports Diamond||Diamond||7/8″|
|Pro Taper Pillow Top||Pillow||7/8″|
|Scott Sports Waffle||Waffle||7/8″|
|Pro Taper Top Lite||Pillow||7/8″|
|ODI Half-Waffle V2||Waffle||7/8″|
When searching for the best grips for your motocross bike, consider some factors before purchasing. These include whether they’re constructed from a dual compound rubber or what handlebar size they fit.
Additionally you should check if grips require glue, wires or if they’re lock-on grips, so setting up is an easier job.
Down below is an article of the best dirt bike grips online for riders today.
The Best Dirt Bike Grips
The best dirt bike grips online today for motocross riders are the Renthal G091 grips. This is because they are most likely the thinnest on the market, which gives you a benefit of feeling the bike more. This enables you to have better control over your dirt bike.
In terms of the features of the Renthal G091, they include:
- Option of choosing 3 different synthetic rubber compounds.
- Professional level of shock absorption & durability.
- Able to choose 2 different color patterns.
- Features DuPont Kevlar brand resin that are softer, tackier & durable.
Ultimately the Renthal G091’s are the best pair of dirt bike grips on the market, that have an awesome balance of a reasonable price & high quality standards for the riders.
The Renthal’s firm synthetic rubber compound which comes in an optional choice of a diamond or waffle pattern are the best pair of grips you’ll find today that are used by the professionals as well!Check it Out
The best dirt bike enduro grips are the KTM dual compounds. This is because they’re produced from a ‘ProGrip’ dual compound material, which in return provides them with impeccable comfort and strength.
Other features of the KTM Dual Compound Enduro Grips, include:
- Fits 22-28MM.
- Very comfortable diamond grip pattern.
- Pillow pattern – better for impact absorption & vibrations.
- Awesome orange & black graphic KTM design.
Overall these are a great set of enduro motocross grips as their pillow & diamond pattern design provide you with amazing comfort and grip for longer enduro rides, which is what you’re looking for in this style of dirt bike riding.Check it Out
The best dirt bike grips for comfort are the Scott Sports Diamond motorcycle grips. This is down to the fact that they’re produced with a diamond grip pattern that is a triple density grip that focuses on reducing arm fatigue without losing control or grip.
In terms of the features of the Scott Sports Diamond Grips, they include:
- Triple density grip design.
- Soft density diamond pattern reduces vibration and arm pump fatigue.
- Designed to fit 7/8″ Inch dirt bike handlebars.
- Integrated safety wire channel & grip donuts included.
Ultimately if you’re searching for the most comfortable dirt bike grips, then the Scott Sports Grips are your ideal candidate. This can be down to many surplus comfort features as previously mentioned but also to the fact that it’s medium density diamond pattern is unlike any other as delivering maximum comfort and durability.
Moreover its firm density core and end cap is tear resistant and prolong’s its grip life massively, overall making it an awesome pair of dirt bike grips.
4. Pro Taper Pillow Top MX Grips
The best dirt bike grips for durability are the Pro Taper Pillow Top MX grips. This is because they have unique features which prolong its life cycle, such as its ‘Anti-Rip Tip’ that uses denser compound to increase the life of the MX grips.
Other features of the Pro Taper Pillow Top MX Grips, include:
- Pattern is designed to self-clean and shed mud away from surface.
- Inner core compound is perfect for grip longevity.
- Tacky gel-like surface compound is perfect for grip.
- Most widely used MX grip brand among professional riders.
Overall these are awesome set of MX bike grips, as they have an abundance of features which make it a market leader in durability. Other features which the Pro Taper has that lends itself to a market leader in comfort as well as in durability is the fact that its ‘Vibrasonix’ pillow top eliminates vibration & cushions impacts.Check it Out
The best budget dirt bike grips available today are the Scott Sports Radial Waffle Dirt Bike Grips. This is due to the fact that they offer an incredible amount of features that the big name brands do without their price tag.
In terms of the features of the Scott Sports Radial Waffle Grips, they include:
- Full waffle/radial pattern design that dirt biker’s have come to expect.
- Soft, single density construction reduces fatigue from vibrations & arm pumps.
- Designed to fit 7/8″ Inch dirt bike handlebars.
- Features an integrated safety wire channel.
Ultimately this is an awesome budget dirt bike grip to choose as it fits all criteria’s perfectly without breaking the bank. Moreover, it has a radial full waffle grip that is a tried and true design which has been flawless for decades.Check it Out
6. ODI Rogue Lock-On Dirt Bike Grips
The best lock-on dirt bike grips are the ODI Rogue lock-on motocross grips. This is because it features the largest diameter grip line for riders with larger hands, as well as seeking a reduction in vibration dampening.
In terms of the features of the ODI Rogue Lock-On Dirt Bike Grips, they include:
- Raised pads and textured pattern for grip & traction.
- Optional sizes of 120MM & 130MM.
- 3/4″ inch flange protection for riders hands.
- Four different color-ways to choose from.
Overall these are a great set of lock-on dirt bike grips, perfect for the casual rider that is in need for lock-on grips. This is because the ODI Rogue grips provide incredible levels of comfort and vibration dampening when compared to its rivals.Check it Out
The best competition motocross grips are the Progrip Handlebar grips. This is can be down to a multitude of factors it has such as its triple compound construction design, which set it above its rivals in the market.
Other features of the Progrip Motocross Handlebar Grips, include:
- Fits most twist throttle dirt bikes.
- 115MM long with a 22-25MM diameter.
- Hard compound slip resistant base material.
- Multiple color-way designs to choose from.
Overall these are an amazing set of competition motocross grips that many experienced riders use and are highly regarded for good reasons. Comfort features that set it above its rivals include a soft gel compound exterior for impact absorption which make it perfect for competition riding.Check it Out
The best pro motocross grips online today are the Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite grips. This is because they’re produced from a unique ‘Kraton’ rubber compound which provides an incredible tacky feel for amazing glove traction.
Other features of the Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite Motocross Grips, include:
- Designed to fit 7/8″ Inch dirt bike handlebars.
- Utilises a low profile design which enables better control.
- Small square cushions on grip for extra comfort.
- Fantastic construction is perfect for vibration dampening.
Ultimately if you’re an experienced dirt bike rider who is searching for the ideal pro-riders grips for a motocross, then search no further than the Pro Taper Pillow Top Lite. This is because these are widely used among professional motocross riders due to their impeccable quality that they offer the rider with, which benefits them through control and comfort.Check it Out
The best beginner dirt bike grips are the Risk Racing Fusion 2.0’s. This is because they offer unique benefits that are ideal for a new rider, such as its dual density grip design, which is one of the best on the market at minimizing vibrations and improving arm pump.
Other features of the Risk Racing Fusion 2.0 Dirt Bike Grips, include:
- Will fit 7/8″ Inch dirt bike handlebars.
- Ergonomic wave design to reduce pressure points between thumb and grip flange.
- ‘Fusion bonding’ system that eliminates need for wires, glue & slipping.
- Multiple color-ways to choose from.
Overall these are the best pair of dirt bike grips for beginners as they have unique properties that’ll benefit novice riders like its ergonomic wave design to reduce blisters on a riders thumb from the pressure point between their thumb and a grip’s flange.Check it Out
The best motocross grips for casual dirt bike riders who want a perfect blend of a multitude of benefits are the ODI Half-Waffle V2’s. This is down to the fact that they are very user-friendly with they ‘Lock-On’ grip system that requires in wire ties or glues.
Other features of the ODI Half Waffle V2 Lock-On Motocross Grips, include:
- Fits 7/8″ Inch motocross handlebars.
- No wire ties or glue needed for Lock-On system.
- 100% guarantee against slippage.
- Improved revamped design of already existing Lock-On ODI MX grips.
Ultimately if you’re a casual rider, who needs a pair of motocross grips that provide decent comfort, user-friendly install and an affordable price, then the ODI Half Waffle V2 grips are perfect for you!Check it Out
Overall if you’re in search of a great set of motocross grips, then you’ll need to research into a few factors. These factors include quality, price, pattern design and customer reviews. If you cover all four of these principles, then you’ll be on your way riding with a perfect pair of grips for your dirt bike!