Motorcycle chain lube is an important additive which can improve the performance of your drive-chain greatly. They also protect against rust & corrosion by repelling water.
The best motorcycle chain lubricant Maxima Chain Wax. This can be down to its properties which provide superior lubrication for all types of chains and extends their lifespan.
Down below is an article that provides you with the best motorcycle chain lubricants. These are suitable for all types of chains. You should ensure that you check factors like a lubricants water & dirt resistance properties.
Table of Contents
- The Best Motorcycle Chain Lube
- 1. Maxima 74920 Chain Wax Lubricant
- 2. PJ1 Blue Label Motorcycle Chain Lube
- 3. Motul Factory Line Motorcycle Chain Lube
- 4. Honda Pro Chain Lube With White Graphite
- 5. Motul Factory Line Chain Paste
- 6. Motor Factory Primary Chaincase Lubricant
- 7. DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver Dry Self-Cleaning Lubricant
- 8. Dumonde Tech BHP Chain Lubricant
Chain Lubricant Comparison
|Chain Lubricant||Type Of Applicant||Type Of Resistance|
|Maxima||Spray||Dirt & Water|
|Motul Factory Line||Spray||Water|
|Honda Pro||Spray||Dirt & Water|
|Motul Chain Paste||Paste||Dirt & Water|
|Motor Factory||Fluid||Dirt & Water|
|Dumonde||Paste||Dirt & Water|
When looking for motorcycle chain lubricant, you should factor in some factors before buying. These include the type of ring it should be used on, as well as its container size for transportation.
Moreover, you should consider its applicant type as you may prefer a spray over a paste.
Below is an article on the best motorcycle chain lubes.
The Best Motorcycle Chain Lube
1. Maxima 74920 Chain Wax Lubricant
The best all-rounder motorcycle chain lube is the Maxima Chain Wax. This is down to it has a special ‘Para-Film’ formula which offers your chain with long term protection, especially in water and humid environments.
In terms of the features of the Maxima Chain Wax, they include:
- Special ‘Para-Film’ formula creates a waxy film similar to Cosmoline.
- Offered in many different variations of containers.
- Manufactured in the USA.
- Formulated with heavy duty, anti-wear, & extreme pressure additives.
- Provide superior lubrication for all chains, cables, and sprockets.
Ultimately, if you’re searching for the best all rounder motorcycle lubricant as it offers practicality, along with incredible quality attributes such as its ability to penetrate deeply, lubricating non accessible areas, reducing chain stretch and wear.Check it Out
The best ‘riders choice’ motorcycle chain lube is the PJ1 Blue Label. This is because the PJ1 chain lube applies easy, penetrates and protects o-rings to keep them pliable and moist.
Other features of the PJ1 Blue Label Chain Lube, include:
- Reduces chain friction & shock resulting in less wear.
- Optimized for ‘O’ ring chains to create minimal resistance rolling.
- Protects against rust & corrosion by repelling water.
- Reduces chain friction resulting in less wear.
- Lessens chain shock, which means fewer adjustments.
Overall this is the best ‘riders choice’ motorcycle chain for good reason, as the Petroleum based clear formula mix wont come off which extends the O-ring’s chain life. Moreover it protects the sprocket surface from wear and acts as a cushion effect between the sprocket and rollers.Check it Out
One of the most versatile motorcycle chain lubricants out on the market today is the Motul Factory Line chain lube. This is because it the Motul brand stands for first-class lubricants of premium quality, which are internationally recognised and certified.
Other features of the Motul Factory Line Motorcycle Chain Lube, include:
- Motul has been lubricant specialist for 150 years.
- Compatible for O, X & Z ring chains.
- Specifically designed with road racing in mind.
- reduces train friction for extended use.
Ultimately the Motul Factory Line is a perfect chain lube for your motorcycle as it works amazingly on high performing motorbikes, as well as working on a variation of types of chain rings.Check it Out
The best comprehensive motorcycle chain lubricants is the Pro Honda, as it incorporates a line of motorbike-specific chemicals and oils perfect for your motorcycle.
In terms of the features of the Honda Pro Chain Lube, they include:
- Affordable price – considering the quality.
- Guarantees ultimate lubrication and protection.
- Developed with strict performance and durability in mind.
- Testing with professional racing in mind.
- Works both at low and high temperature extremes.
Overall this is one of the best motorcycle lubricants for chains out there, as its backed up by the fact that it is produced by one of the largest manufactures of motorcycles out there!Check it Out
The best motorcycle chain lube that doesn’t come in a spray form, but in a paste form is the Motul Factory Line Chain Paste. This can be down to its small, compact design that is specifically designed to lubricate all types of chains for bikes, motorbikes and karts.
In terms of the features of the Motul Factory Chain Lube Paste, they include:
- Small compact design perfect for transportation.
- Paste instead of a spray design.
- Comes with a brush applicator tip.
- Motul brand has over 150 years of history.
- Highly regarded in the community.
Ultimately if you are searching for the best motorbike chain lubricant that comes in a paste form, this is the perfect candidate for you as it’s versatile enough for type of chain and has a compact design for ease of use.Check it Out
The best Harley-Davidson motorcycle chain lube is the American made Motor Factory Primary lubricant which is specifically produced for Harley motorcycles.
In terms of the features of the Motor Factory Primary Chaincase Lube, they include:
- American made.
- Designed to lubricate the primary chain & clutch assembly.
- Blended to preform well in extreme temperatures.
- Designed to extend clutch life.
- Constructed to protect the primary chain from premature wear.
Overall, you shall not find a better chain lubricant for your Harley Davidson motorcycle. More specifically, the lubricant is designed for Harley-Davidson’s motorcycle from 1984 to present.Check it Out
7. DuPont Teflon Chain-Saver Dry Self-Cleaning Lubricant
The best self-cleaning, dry-wax motorcycle chain lube on the market is the DuPont Teflon. This is because its wax film works to repel dust, grass and dirt which keeps chains lasting up to five times longer!
In terms of the features of the DuPont Teflon Lube, they include:
- Lube is safe on rubbers, plastics & O-rings.
- Enhanced wear protection.
- Better high and low temperature range.
- Increased resistance to water.
- Lubricant withstands up to 300 degrees.
Overall the DuPont chain-saver with Teflon Fluoropolymer is a patented self-cleaning dry-wax lubricant that is unrivaled on the market, so if you’re looking for a lubricant that is also a self-cleaner, then this is the product for you.
One of the best compact motorbike chain lubricants is the Dumonde Tech BHP. This is can be down to its internationally recognized complex compound, which increases BHP on motorbikes using chain driven systems.
In terms of the features of the Dumonde Tech BHP , they include:
- Penetrates by migration and plates of all surfaces.
- Reduces friction at the contact point of O-rings & chain sufraces.
- Increase drive train life and performance.
- Protects the chain against rust and corrosion.
- Incorporates o-ring conditioners to keep o-rings pliable
Overall the Dumonde Tech BHP is by far one of the best compact chain lubricants on the market, which will benefit the life and the performance of your chain massively!Check it Out
Ultimately the best motorcycle chain lube is really dependant on the type of motorcycle and type of chain you have in your drive train. Some lubricants work better with specific types of chains. This can make it challenging to determine the correct lubricant to use.
However if you find the type of lube that is suited towards your motorcycle chain using our guide, along with an affordable price and a good resistance against water, then you know you’ve found the perfect product!